Safety Management System Implementation:
Initial scoping meeting
to discuss and understand your requirements. This would also assess your safety management system maturity and agree the level of support necessary to deliver an effective safety management system.
Facilitated SMS workshop
for selected staff that will include: an introduction to safety management, a practical understanding of risk management, development of a system description, identification of an initial risk picture of the organisation and establishment of initial safety objectives.
Facilitation of the initial safety committee meeting
this would help you establish an effective safety meeting.
CAA Phase 1 SMS evaluation preparation
We would carry out a Phase 1 SMS evaluation to meet CAA standards to provide you with feedback on any outstanding deficiencies and enable completion of the Phase 1 evaluation report and implementation plan, ready for submission to the CAA.
CAA Phase 2 SMS evaluation preparation
We would carry out a Phase 2 SMS evaluation to meet CAA standards to provide you with feedback on any outstanding deficiencies and enable completion of the Phase 2 evaluation report, ready for submission to the CAA.
This package will be tailored to your requirements and your timescales. This would normally require five visits based on a single site operation. This would be modified as required based on the size, nature and complexity of your organisation and activities.
This package can be supplemented by a series of additional support activities as follows:
- Initial assessment of your operation looking at your quality management system, any existing safety management system activities
- Bespoke element of the safety management system implementation package
- Additional support and guidance
- Attendance at CAA evaluations
- Assistance in resolving CAA identified issues
- Assistance in producing safety management system documentation (report forms, hazard logs, risk procedures, safety manuals)
- Maintenance of the implementation plan to mirror changes in the organisation as the system matures through Phase 1 and 2
- Additional training, including human factors
- Assistance in developing safety performance indicators
- Training needs analysis template and assistance in completion
- Root cause analysis workshop
- Support to assist rectification of CAA SMS evaluation deficiencies
For more information on this service
Links to useful organisations
Civil Aviation Authority UK
Military Aviation Authority
Federal Aviation Administration
European Aviation Safety Agency
International Civil Aviation Organisation
Safety Management International Collaboration Group